One of the most basic requirements for each of us is defence against harm, no matter what form it takes. Without protective measures, the individuals that make up society are at risk. For decades our industry has worked diligently to develop solutions to prevent and limit the consequences from threats such as fire, theft, property damage and others. In collaboration with public authorities, policy makers, standards and certification bodies and industry associations, our industry works to address society’s needs for safety and security in Europe and globally.
We, the members of the European fire safety and security industry and committed Europeans, want to contribute to driving sustainable growth that will strengthen the EU’s Single Market, attract investment to Europe, and expand global markets for European companies. To do this we are continuously assessing the opportunities and the challenges facing us to identify the priorities that will allow us to advance as a prosperous, safe society and global actor.
Our priorities for 2019 to 2024 are:
- developing a strong Single Market and expanding global markets for quality products and services;
- raising standards for industry professionals through training and qualification;
- turning emerging technologies into sustainable solutions;
- advancing knowledge and innovation.
We aim to accomplish this by focusing on the following areas:
- market-oriented standards for products and services;
- pan-European testing and certification of products;
- training and qualifications;
- digitalisation including Cybersecurity, IoT and AI
- partnering with research bodies.
Working together, we can achieve a safer and more secure society for Europe and build a industry that contributes to sustainable growth in Europe.
We are proud to be world leaders in our field. Ours is a forward-looking industry that relies on constant innovation and major investment to provide the best solutions and services that ensure safety and security for Europe.
Over 90% of our members are small- and medium-sized enterprises. All our members with their skilled workforce rely on the priority areas as listed above to design, install and maintain those solutions and provide the necessary services to ensure performance at the highest level.